In this modern era the number of people around the world who have not entered web pages is very limited, since its creation in 1992 Websites have gained more popularity among users. However, do you know what web pages are?
In a simple way it can be said that web pages are those digitized documents that can include multimedia elements such as audio, video, images and texts. Conditioned to World Wide Web standards, or as we see it represented on the webs (WWW).
Currently there are endless web pages with various objectives and characters. The types of web pages can be classified according to their construction or functionality
According to their construction they can be static which are programmed in HTML and the user is not allowed to interact with it, they are only informative, then there are the dynamics where an interpreted language is used, giving the user the opportunity to participate, modify or comment on it, they also work with user databases.
On the other hand, the web pages according to their functionality can be blogs, online store, forums, corporate sites, search engines, download sites, magazines, directories, educational sites, video consumption among others.
A very important concept that you should know is web design. Before being available on the web, the pages must be created from scratch, this is possible thanks to web page designers who use programming codes such as HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, Go, Ruby on Rails, Python and many more. That facilitates the development of websites.
Website development is a process that involves planning, designing, maintaining and creating interfaces in order to design websites that are friendly and attractive to the public.
A Few Fundamental Elements Every Responsive Website Design Needs
In the effective and accurate design of any web page, these fundamental elements must be taken into account so that the page can be successful.
- Responsiveness: The web pages must be adaptable to any device.
- Readability: It is the way the content is presented, it must be easy to interpret otherwise it will not capture users.
- Loading speed: currently, where you want everything immediately, web pages cannot be left behind, this means that the faster the page loads, the more successful it will be with users.
- Exposed content: the typography, text and images must be of quality and integrate in harmony, which depends on the user staying and being interested in the web page.
You already know what web pages are and how they are created, now we propose the following scenario you are out of your house and you need to look for some information, you take your cell phone, you go to the search engine and you type something, a second later you find several links you open the first but the page seems to be misconfigured and does not adapt to the screen, you go back and open the second link, this time the page has no problems.
Can you tell the difference between both examples? The first page did not have a responsive design so it did not attract any attention, while the second page did have responsive web design.
What is a responsive design based on? It is based on the restructuring of the different elements of the web so that they adapt optimally to any device, thus allowing the adequate visualization of the page through the use of CSS3 media-queries codes.
A website with a responsive design, all the content is clear and visually harmonious for the user, regardless of screen resolutions.
Responsive design is characteristic for presenting layouts and multimedia content that are adaptable to various devices. It reduces the time of web development, increases the variability of the site, allowing it to reach a greater number of Internet users and rules out the possibilities of duplicate content.
Here are some tips on how to design a responsive website that is pleasant:
- Focus approach on mobile devices from the beginning: A very common mistake when designing a web page is to start by developing on high resolution screens, which can be a bit problematic when optimizing it for mobile devices. That is why it is recommended that a functional design be created starting from smaller screens.
Optimizations on large screens are easier than on small screens such as cell phones.
- Use of responsive themes: A web design optimized for mobiles will make the page automatically adaptable to mobile devices, a site where you can find responsive themes is undoubtedly WordPress.
- Say no to the use of Flash: Currently Android and iOS devices do not support flash, which would not allow the display of the pages, on the other hand it has been shown that they slow down the response time of the page.
- Take care of aesthetics: The motto of not judging a book by its cover does not apply to web pages, although your content must be of quality, the appearance of your site is what will make users stay or leave, for that should leave a good impression.
- Enable the AMP option: This Google project aims to speed up the loading time of the pages through compressed data smaller than a normal site.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are better positioned by the Google search engine, identified with a small lightning bolt in the link.
Did you know that 70% of global online traffic comes from cell phones? Bearing this important data in mind, one of the fundamental elements in the success of web pages is that they have responsive designs that can be projected on each device regardless of its size in an optimal way.
The importance of responsive websites lies in allowing developers to save both time and money, by not having to rework to adapt the format from computer to mobile device, improve the user experience and increase the range of reach and visibility of the site among users.
Responsive design can be a bit tricky at first, however the results are surprising. If you have planned to carry out a project for a website, take into account the aforementioned tips and you will achieve it.